An introduction to Alex and Get Better

With the new collection coming out soon I thought I'd write a bit about myself and how I got to this point.
My name's Alex Foster and I'm an illustrator based in Margate, UK. I started Get Better in 2010 and work from my home studio on illustrated products, prints, clothing and commissions.

I started printing t shirts in my first year at university to share an original take on illustration, making it more accessible and wearable. This led to me forming the products into a brand and building up the collections with printed sweaters and tote bags.

The new collection GB Number four has expanded even further into stationery, prints and pockets. New to this collection are pocket t shirts and sweaters, more printed tees, notebooks, prints, maps, cards and wrapping paper.

Since graduating in 2013 I've worked alongside Get Better on Christmas cards for Hallmark, Tote bags for Talented, books for The Poetry Society and the Folkestone triennial, Illustrated area maps and posters to be displayed on the South Bank and London Underground. More of my work can be seen at alex-foster.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!